Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Melted brie pie


Thanks to my friend Kate, who served this appetizer at a party not long ago, I had a great idea for one of the apps I served at an Oscar party the other night. It's super easy, and super tasty. (sorry I didn't get a picture of the finished product - it disappeared too fast!)

- Just lay out some filo dough - about 5 or 6 sheets thick - that is wide enough to cover a pie pan. (you can also use pie dough)

- Plop a wheel of brie in the middle.

- Cover the brie with something sweet. I used some homemade fig jam I made last fall from our fig tree. Honey works too.

- Top that with some chopped nuts. I used a mixture of almonds and hazelnuts.

- Gather the dough up around the brie so it's closed at the top and twist together the best you can so it stays closed. Brush the top with melted butter.

- Put in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or so.

- Serve with crackers or bread by just cutting the "pie" into wedges. Brie will gush out, and all the sweetness will mingle with it. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts about this post? And keep it clean, people!