Sunday, March 28, 2010

Macadamia White Chocolate Cookies


I like cookies.

Since I buy chocolate chips in bulk, not in the bag, I don't have the Toll House recipe at my finger tips... Or do I? In fact, there is a recipe for "Toll House Cookies" in the 1953 Joy of Cooking I work with. Guess the brand has been around a while...

These cookies are always delicious, despite the strange measurements (6 tablespoons of sugar? What the?...).

I usually put chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts in these cookies (yum!), but last week I wanted to do something exotic, so I got some white chocolate chips and used those and some of the macadamia nuts we brought back from Hawaii. They were delicious!


Here's the ancient, but apparently perfect, recipe:

Heat the oven to 375.

Cream together:
- 1/2 cup of butter (best if this is room temperature when you start, so plan ahead)
- 6 Tblsp brown sugar
- 6 Tblsp white sugar

Beat in:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

In a separate bowl, mix together:
- 1 cup plus 2 Tblsp sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda

Stir this into the wet stuff.
Then stir in:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (if you want)

Plop smallish amounts onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, with an inch or so between each blob.

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. (watch them, or they'll get too brown!)

Enjoy!

**A note about my mixer: I love it. My lovely hubby got it for me a year or so ago, and while I don't bake every week or anything, it still is a great help! It's so nice to be able to just toss in the butter and turn it on low, then toss in more ingredients as needed - just letting it stir it all together. I need to use it more. I have a pasta attachment, and I've only used it once. I think it's about time for another go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts about this post? And keep it clean, people!