Sunday, March 28, 2010

A little dash of...


One of my favorite things about my yard/garden is that I have delicious fresh herbs right outside the back door. When I need rosemary or thyme or oregano or fennel or cilantro or sage or parsley I can get them all fresh - many of them all year round - within seconds and for free. Yippee!

There was a nice oregano plant in one of my beds when we moved into this house 5 years ago. And it lived through all the winters so far, growing bigger each summer and flowering nicely to attract bees. This past December we got uncharacteristically cold weather for days on end and it proved too much for my oregano. I was really sad to see no new growth coming up this past week when everything else was springing back to life.

Well, out with the old, in with the new. I went out and got a new plant, tore out the old one, and now I've got fresh oregano again.

For dinner tonight I got to use fresh thyme and rosemary (blog post to follow), not oregano, but I think later this week I'll use some in the sauce for another round of chicken parmesan. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts about this post? And keep it clean, people!