Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Salad

I never think to order salad for dinner out - even though many restaurants have lovely salads. I should; they are good for me. But at home, I'm happy to have salad for dinner - especially when hubby's out of town.

This weekend we went to the Farmer's Market at Saturday Market and picked up some yummy things: like fresh greens and multi-colored radishes. I wanted to get some of the tasty-looking sweet carrots, but we already had carrots from the store at home. California strawberries are in stores already, so we picked up some of those, and some honey-sweetened chevre. This has been my dinner salad twice already this week. I also threw in some cilantro from my garden and topped it all with a little balsamic vinaigrette. Delicious and sweet!

I love cheese on salad - Chevre or blue cheese usually. Nuts are good too - almonds or hazelnuts. This makes it a little hardier.

Yum. I think I may have salad again tonight. It's spring!

1 comment:

  1. Uuhhggg! I'm so jealous. Our lake is still frozen and there is still snow in the yard! I'm so ready for spring...and gardens...and fresh anything to eat. Your blog is lovely,I love to check in and see what's cooking.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts about this post? And keep it clean, people!